CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Monday, March 17, 2008

CAPTAINS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN

Our first captains of the season have been chosen. Captains will be chosen on a weekly basis. They will be chosen from the girls performance from the previous week. Whoever is chosen for the week will be captain at all practices for that week and any tournaments on the weekend. The following week there will be two new captains chosen . Sometimes, the same girl or girls may be chosen . Coaches will evaluate weekly and make that decision.

Our first captain is Cassidy Crouch. I've never seen Cassidy so focused at practice. She's pushing herself on every drill and working hard on the 1v1 games. After the first week of practice, Cassidy has me thinking that she has more to her game than just defense. Can't wait to see what she brings to the Manteca Tournament. She is maturing very nicely into a leader on this team.

Our second captain is Isabella Naranjo. Isabella has always been a hard worker. Although last week she showed the coaches that she is ready to learn more. Every technical drill we do, I see Isabella pushing herself to do it right. Rarely talking during practice, shows me she is trying to get everything out of practice. I've been talking about Isabella lately to people. I keep telling them, I can't wait to see what kind of player she is in three months. Isabella is like a slab of marble if I can work on it very carefully, I feel that at the end she will be a work of art, with soccer.