CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Friday, August 29, 2008

WELL PLAYED--------CYCLONES

These words put it best. What more could I have asked for as a coach. The girls played hard and fast. Even though we were missing a few girls, I knew the rest of the team could compete with the Bullard u-12 team. I've got to hand it to Bullard, they moved the ball around very nicely. We could take a lesson from them when it comes to ball control. This is something we will be working on, along with finishing in the coming weeks. All the girls played well, although there was a few standouts. Cassidy, made me proud as a coach. I've been struggling with where to play Cass on the field lately. I talked to Angela (the coach from Odyssey) she knows Cass. She suggested that I try her as a stopper. With certain girls missing in this game, it was the logical place to play her. WOW, that's all I can say. Cassidy made very few mistakes in the game, and the ones she did make, happened only because she second guessed herself. Great game Cass, you played awesome. Our defense got a little sloppy but just like always they pulled it together and held down the back. Ryan had a lot to play for since a classmate of hers plays for Bullard. Ryan held down the middle and played a passionate game. Our outside mids struggle a bit in the first 2 periods. I got on them and sternly told them to get it together. That was I all I needed to say, and they did. Great penalty kick Emiko. Our forwards progressively got stronger as the game went on. We need to start playing stronger from the start of the game...FORWARDS. Dominique and Jurnee shared the goalie duties. Dominique played strong the first 2 periods and in the final period Jurnee played remarkable. It was a wonderful game to watch. Ending at a 1-1 tie.

Then the Penalty Kicks: Jurnee jump in the Box ready to stop anything. I had 8 girls volunteer to take the shots. I could only pick 5, as much as I wanted to pick all 8. We made 3 of our 5 shots, all good shots. Kylie, Isabella and Ryan buried their shots in the back of the net. Bullard made 2 of their 5 shots. So at the end of a great night. CVSA prevails a win against a very talented Bullard u-12 team.