CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

CYCLONES SHOW WHAT THEY ARE MADE OF

After a sluggish performance the day before against Bullard, I wasn't quite sure what to expect against Los Gatos. We had just played Los Gatos in the Odyssey Tournament 2 weeks ago. During this tournament we had borrowed 3 strong players from the Chivas to hopefully make a run in this Tourney. Even with the added players we lost to Los Gatos 0-3. I knew if our girls would just play to their potential, we could surprise this team. After 10 minutes of play, my heart started pumping a little faster. I saw a CVSA team on the field that could beat this Los Gatos team. With Ryan marking up their best player, it gave the rest of our team the opportunity to settle into their game. Ryan did a fantastic job. She shut this girl down and this girl is as good as they get at this age. GREAT JOB RYAN! We gave up goal in the first half off a deflection from the goalie. Still I felt we were in this game. At halftime, I told the girls that we are just 1 goal away from equalizing this game. I told them to leave everything on the field..not to hold back anything and play with all the passion in the world. In the second half, the girls did all of what I asked and more. We gave all we had, but still came up short losing to a great team 0-1. I was so proud of our girls. They played better without borrowed players. I walked off that field knowing three things. First, we are closing the gap with the top ranked teams. Second, this group of girls can get it done when they want to. And lastly, I am the luckiest coach in the world to be coaching such a dynamic group of girls. Hold your head high Cyclones, you are a great team.