CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Monday, September 15, 2008

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY: WHAT A WEEKEND

THE GOOD: We beat Kingsburg on Sunday morning to keep our undefeated record in CYSA. The Kingsburg team came out strong, but in the end we were to much for them. All the girls played well. Although Keagan really step up her game. I told her after the game that she became a better player that morning.

THE BAD: Danielle decided to leave our team and play for the Odyssey U-12 team. We will miss Danielle and we hope the best for her. As a coach I always support what a family feels is best for their child. I wish she would have seen out her commitment for the season, but in the end it's a family decision. Like I told all the girls on the team. This isn't the first time a player has left our team, and it won't be the last. Kennedy, Anissia and Daniella are all girls that use to play for us but have gone on to play with different teams. It's always good to see these girls on the field and I always wish them the best. My hope for every player that I have coached or ever will coach, is for them to love the game of soccer. Wherever that is, it's up to them. I reminded our players that when we see Danielle we should treat her with respect, and nothing negative should ever be said about her. I truly enjoyed the Rodriguez family on this team. They will be missed.

THE UGLY: Our second game on Sunday was Ugly. I know the girls were a little tired from the morning game. But it just seemed like we couldn't get any breaks. 2 hand balls and a missed penalty kick didn't help either. There is no blame to any individual player on why we lost the game. We win together we lose together. It's just unfortunate that we lost to a team that I feel we are much better than. But in the end, they got the win. Remember these first 3 state cup games are just for placement in state cup. We will rebound from this game and be just fine.

Back to work today and Thursday. Then Bullard this Sunday. Get ready girls Bullard always plays up for us. Work hard this week CYCLONES. It will pay off on Sunday.