CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PLAYERS

Before I Blog about our recent tournament I need to address an area of concern. It is not by accident that many of our girls got injured this weekend. Some of which are still nursing these injuries. As a coach I am pretty laid back for this age group. I feel there shouldn't be so much pressure put on young players. So I overlook players late to practice, because I know that parents do have busy schedules. Something I've overlooked lately, but will not any more, is players being late to scrimmages or games. When players come to practice I don't do a lot of stretching. This is because these girls are at school all day running and jumping. By the time they get to practice, their muscles are warmed up. Games are a different issue. Most players wake up eat breakfast, and move around very little before their parents drive them to the game. They need to stretch and warm up their muscles. If not, they will get injuries. This is what happened this weekend. Very few girls were at the fields at the designated time, and it only got worse on Sunday.

LET ME BE CLEAR: When we start Warm ups
League games: 45 before the start of the game
Tournaments: 1 hour before the start of the game (unless I make adjustments)

If players are not there at the designated time. We will play short on the field until the late players have a decent time to warm up. I cannot risk player injuries. If this results in a loss for our team, no one suffers except the girls. Please be prompt with the times. Thank You