CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

CAPTAINS AND MANTECA TOURNAMENT

Sorry for being such a slacker on the Blog. This is my busiest time of year (not an excuse). Captains last week were Gabriella and Emiko. Both girls have really stepped up their game. I am so proud of these two returners. I know the other girls look to them as role models and I look to them as leaders. Great job girls.
Great time at the Manteca Tournament. I thought the girls played top-notch soccer. Taking away nothing from the first team we played, but I thought we out played them the whole game (but they did put more in the goal than we did) I think we all saw what great potential our team has. Although all the girls played great. We had two standouts who are also our Captains for this week. Lucy played very consistent this weekend like she always does. The only difference is that she was matched up against our last team's toughest player. Not only was the girl talented but she looked like she was twice the size of Lucy. Stopping every one of the girls attacks, Lucy took care of business and then some. Chisom, who is new to the team, surprised us all. On the surface Chisom is quiet and nonthreatening. On the field she is fierce and a little speedster. She gave us so many opportunities to score and played with our returners like she's been playing with them for years. Great job girls or should I say Captains