CVSA CYCLONE

CVSA CYCLONE

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HARD WORK PAYS OFF FOR CYCLONES

What a game, I'm still feeling so proud of our girls. I told the girls before the game, that they were the most talented team I had ever coached. I also told them that I expected nothing less than a well played game at top speed. They delivered, just like they always do. If you parents haven't figured it out yet, we have something very special here with this group of girls. It's all coming together for them as players. The new ones are blending right in with the returners and helping us to the next level. We had six goals from four different girls. They had one shot on goal in the first half and that was it. Although I thought Madera Red Stars had some talented girls on the field (especially Anissa and Daniella) they just couldn't seem to get anything going. I have a feeling this team will get better with time. It was good to see Anissa and Daniella, they haven't lost their touch. A special shout out to our Captains of the game, Jurnee and Cassidy. They lead this team today, just like captains should. Jurnee played striker and held her position well, and also shared goalie duties with Danielle. Cassidy ran the defense like no other. Way to go captains. Way to go team, because this win was truly a team effort. Gooooooo Cyclones